We hope that this letter finds you and your family in good health. We appreciate everyone’s patience as our communities have been challenged over the past few months.
Our team at Port Moody Station Dental is excited to welcome you back very soon! We plan to gradually reopen in the safest way to ensure that we take all precautions to keep both our patients and our staff healthy.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, which you may have seen during your visits to our office. In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have added enhanced guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety. We have followed all of the recommendations from the Centre for Disease Control and the College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia, and are happy to let you know that we have chosen to incorporate a substantially higher level of safety than the mandated guidelines, including surgical-grade air purification as well as powerful, modern extra-oral suction systems, in addition to enhanced PPE and barriers in both the treatment rooms and reception areas.
See below for our enhanced safety precautions:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask a set of health-related questions in regards to your COVID-19 risk. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office
- Longer appointment times to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner
- We have allocated additional time in order to complete all dental hygiene services with fully manual technique, as to eliminate any generation of aerosols
- Less appointments will be scheduled in a day to allow for social distancing between patients
- We ask that you attend your appointment without family or companions present, with the exception of small children being accompanied by one parent, or in the case of physical and mental disabilities
- We ask that you use the provided hand sanitizer upon entering and will be taking your temperature with a touch-less thermometer prior to having you wear a mask at all times except during treatment
- A pre-rinse will be provided to all patients to reduce exposure to germs
- Ambient air management will include a four-layer HEPA filtration system and UV disinfection, which will run continuously in treatment rooms and the waiting room to remove germs from circulating air
- New personal protective equipment like visors, gowns, respirators and masks will be utilized by all of our team members
- New protocols designed to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures have been implemented
- We ask that you remain in your vehicle upon arrival and text or call our frontend team at 604-492-0807, and they will inform you when to enter the office
Thank you for your continued support throughout this pandemic, we cannot wait to welcome back our patients, neighbours and friends! Our first day back in the clinic will be June 9th, 2020!
Dr. Dan Catona, Dr. Anca Catona and the whole Port Moody Station Dental Team